English is a language with many dialects and variations. There are tons of ways to say the same thing, depending on where you are from. This can make learning English difficult for some people. However, there are also many expressions that are only used in more advanced English dialects. If you want to sound like a native speaker, you need to know these expressions. Here are 40 normal English vs advanced English sentences.
Normal English Vs Advanced English Sentences
|Normal English||Advanced English|
|He’s got a lot of weight.||He is big-boned.|
|She is pretty.||She is beautiful.|
|I am so thirsty.||I am parched.|
|It’s so hot in here!||It’s sweltering in here!|
|That food smells delicious.||That food smells great.|
|Wow, you’re really tall!||Wow, you’re a giant!|
|He’s so short.||He’s a little person.|
|Her nose is so big.||she has a prominent nose.|
|I’m so tired.||I’m exhausted.|
|I’m bored.||I’m fed up.|
|That was fun.||That was a blast.|
|That was really great.||That was awesome.|
|You’re so smart!||You’re brilliant!|
|Good job!||Way to go!|
|What a relief.||Phew!|
|Oh no!||Oh shoot!|
|Oh my gosh.||Oh my goodness.|
|That’s too bad.||That sucks.|
|Ugh, I hate this.||I can’t stand this.|
|Ew, that’s gross.||Yuck, that’s disgusting.|
|That looks delicious!||That looks mouth-watering!|
|I’m so full.||I’m stuffed.|
|I’m so hungry.||I’m famished.|
|I love this food!||This food is to die for!|
|Ahh, that feels good.||Ahh, that feels fantastic.|
|Oh, that hurt.||Ow, that hurt like hell.|
|That was a close call.||That was a near miss.|
|That was a close one.||That was a close shave.|
|I almost died!||I thought I was a goner!|
|That scared me.||That gave me a fright.|
|I’m so afraid.||I’m petrified.|
|What are you doing?||What the hell are you doing?|
|Stop it!||Cut it out!|
|Knock it off!||Quit it!|
|Cool it!||Take it easy!|
|I’d like to ask you a question.||I’d want to pick your brain.|
|I’m not sure.||I’m uncertain.|
|I’m not interested.||That doesn’t pique my interest.|
Download this lesson in PDF
20 Advanced English Sentences to Describe Someone
- She is a rotten apple in the bunch.
- They are cough drops in a sea of honey.
- She is an oasis in the desert.
- He is a ray of sunshine amidst a stormy sky.
- He is a diamond in the rough.
- She is a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
- He is a fish out of water.
- He is a needle in the haystack.
- She is an anchor in the storm.
- He is a thorn among roses.
- She is a pearl in an oyster.
- He is a beacon in the night.
- She is a drop of dew on a rose petal.
- He is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- He is a bright star in the dark night sky.
- She is an angel among mortals.
- He is a gem in the midst of rocks.
- She is a breath of fresh air.
- He is a light in the darkness.
- She is a rose among thorns.
10 Advanced English Sentences for Daily Use
In English language, there are many sentences that you can use in your daily conversation to express yourself more clearly and accurately.
Here are some examples:
- He is a bad ass, so stay away from him.
- They will hit us by 7.
- Sara will pass in ages, if she keeps studying.
- Let us create something kudos worthy.
- No one can beat the plans of mother nature.
- You may as well get on with it.
- Do not try to overthink the situation.
- Einstein always had a way with words.
- She is the queen of cuteness.
- Let us aim for the stars.
- Reach for the highest goal possible.
Normal English Vs Advanced English (Infographics)