25 Flowers Name and Definition! Do you know the name of every flower you see? While most people can identify a rose or a lily, there are many flowers with unique and beautiful names. This blog post will introduce you to 25 different flowers, along with their definitions and etymologies. So next time you’re out for a walk or in your garden, take a closer look at the blooms around you and see if you can spot any of these pretty flowers.
Flowers Name in Urdu
Flowers Name and Pictures
Related: Vegetable Names
|Blue Water Lily||نیل کمل|
|Arabian Jasmine||عرب چنبیلی|
Flowers Name and Definition
1- Rose: It is the most popular flower in Pakistan and India. It’s a light red color. It is given to individuals on special occasions like weddings and valentines day.
2- Jasmine: It is also very popular in Pakistan and India and has a very sweet smell. It is also utilized to produce fragrances. It’s white and comes from tropical regions.
3- Lotus: It is considered as a sacred flower in many cultures like Hinduism and Buddhism. It grows in water and has very beautiful yellow and pink flowers.
4- Hibiscus: This flower is used for making herbal teas which are very effective in treating high blood pressure and anxiety. It is mostly red or pink in color.
5- Sunflower: It is a very popular flower and is mostly grown in temperate regions. It is used as a decoration and also has some medicinal properties. The flowers are usually yellow in color but can also be found in other colors like red and brown.
6- Dahlia: This flower is very popular in Mexico and is also the national flower of that country. It comes in a wide range of colors like white, pink, purple, red, and yellow.
7- Chrysanthemum: It is a very popular flower in China and Japan. It’s a popular and ornamental plant that has some therapeutic benefits as well. The flowers are usually white or yellow in color but can also be found in other colors like pink and purple.
8- Lily: It is a very popular flower and has a very sweet smell. It comes in different colors like white, pink, yellow, and orange. It is considered a symbol of purity and innocence.
9- Orchid: It is a very popular flower in many parts of the world. It has more than 25,000 species and comes in various colors like white, pink, purple, red, and yellow
11- Carnation: It’s a popular flower that’s widely cultivated in the temperate zone. It is both ornamental and medicinal, and it is frequently utilized as decoration. The flowers are usually pink, red, or white in color but can also be found in other colors like yellow and purple.
12- Daisy: It is a very popular flower and comes in different colors like white, yellow, pink, and blue. It is considered a symbol of innocence and purity.
13- Rose: It is the most popular flower in Pakistan and India. It is mostly red in color. People give it to each other on special occasions like weddings and valentines day.
14- Jasmine: It is also very popular in Pakistan and India and has a very sweet smell. People also use it for making perfumes. It is white in color and grown in tropical areas.
15- Marigold: It is mostly grown in India and Pakistan. It is used as a natural dye and has medicinal properties. It comes in various colors like yellow, orange, and red.
16- Sunflower: It’s a common flower that’s generally cultivated in temperate zones. It is used as an ornament and offers medicinal advantages as well. The flowers are usually yellow, but they may also be blue, red, or brown.
17- Night-blooming cereus: It is a popular flower that blooms at night. It has a very sweet smell and is white or pink in color.
18- Tulip: Tulips are one of the most popular flowers in the world. They come in many colors, including red, yellow, pink, purple, and white. They are native to Central Asia and the Middle East.
19- Poppy: Poppies are a type of flower that grows in fields. They are red, white, or orange in color. They are often used as a symbol of remembrance for soldiers who have died in the war.
20- Daffodil: Daffodils are a type of flower that blooms in the spring. They are yellow or white in color and have a trumpet-shaped center. They are native to Europe and North Africa.
21- Lily of the valley: The lily of the valley is a white, bell-shaped flower that blooms in early spring. It is native to Europe and Asia.
22- Bluebells: Bluebells are a type of flower that blooms in the spring. They are blue or purple in color and have a bell-shaped center. They are native to Europe and North America.
23-Crocus: Crocuses are a type of flower that blooms in the spring. They are yellow, white, or purple in color and have a cup-shaped center. They are native to Europe and Asia.
24-Hibiscus: Hibiscuses are a type of flower that blooms in the summer. They are red, pink, or white in color and have a trumpet-shaped center. They are native to tropical regions around the world.
25-Iris: Irises are a type of flower that blooms in the spring. They come in many colors, including blue, yellow, purple, pink, and white. They have a dagger-shaped center and are native to Europe and North America.
Flowers Name and Example Sentences
Related: Fruits Name in English
1. Rose: She was planting some rose flowers.
2. Tulip: The garden was full of beautiful tulips.
3. Daisy: She picked a daisy and twirled it between her fingers.
4. Daffodil: She was mesmerized by the bright yellow daffodils.
5. Marigold: He planted marigolds around the edge of his garden.
6. Poppy: She was in awe of the vibrant red poppies.
7. Bluebell: They heard the sweet sound of bluebells ringing in the air.
8. Lilac: He gave her a bouquet of lilacs for their anniversary.
9. Hyacinth: The hyacinths were planted in a rainbow pattern in the garden.
10. Snapdragon: She pinched off some brightly colored snapdragons for her bouquet.
11. Larkspur: He watched the larkspur sway in the breeze.
12. Violet: She admired the small clusters of violets growing near her feet.
13. Calla Lily: The calla lilies grew tall in the garden, their trumpet-shaped petals swaying in the wind.
14. Begonia: She planted begonias in the flower boxes outside her window.
15. Cosmos: The cosmos were blooming beautifully in the warm summer sun.
16. Lavender: He could smell the sweet scent of lavender wafting through his garden.
17. Snowdrop: She was delighted to find some snowdrops in the garden.
18. Sunflower: They planted several rows of sunflowers in their backyard.
19. Forget-me-not: He wanted to show her how much he cared by giving her a bouquet of forget-me-nots.
20. Hibiscus: She was captivated by the vibrant hibiscus flowers.
21. Orchid: The greenhouse had a wide variety of orchids growing in it.
22. Carnation: She presented him with a bouquet of carnations for his birthday.
Flowers Name – Video Lesson