Formal words are an important part of academic writing. They help to express your ideas clearly and effectively. This list includes some of the most commonly used formal words in English. Learning them will help you to write more confidently and accurately.
You can also download this lesson in PDF.
Formal Words For Academic Writing
|Get in touch with||Contact|
|I think||In my opinion|
|It’s about||It concerns|
Formal Phrases for Academic Writing
If you’re looking to sound more scholarly while writing, 10 advanced English sentences are essential. A great way to progress your language skills is to explore the vast range of words available in the English language. From pompous phrases and formal words to creative metaphors and idioms, these 10 advanced English sentences can help you add some flavor to your academic writing.
1. Anomalous behavior was observed during the experiment.
2. The findings were both perplexing and fascinating.
3. A paradigm shift occurred when new evidence surfaced.
4. This hypothesis is inconclusive due to a lack of data.
5. The implications of the study are far reaching.
6. The results of the analysis were indicative of a trend.
7. A plethora of evidence was compiled to support the argument.
8. This theory has been widely contested by experts in the field.
9. Heuristic strategies were employed to address the problem.
10. Subtle nuances need to be taken into consideration.
Must Read: Words To Use Instead Of Very
Formal words in Example Sentences (Academic)
- They demonstrated the futility of the plan.
- She quit her job to pursue a new career.
- I will enquire about the situation.
- He expressed negative feelings about the decision.
- The delay caused by the accident was unavoidable.
- However, the plan is still feasible.
- The sound was indistinct and difficult to understand.
- We expressed our gratitude for the help.
- I must apologize for my mistake.
- The company provided a generous compensation package.
- He established himself as an expert in the field.
- We must make up for the deficiency in supplies.
- She found a new occupation after graduating.
- The room is now vacant and ready for use.
- We will release the statement after further review.
- The answer appears to be correct.
- I am fortunate enough to be able to purchase this item.
- We must ascertain the truth before making a decision.
- The government cannot tolerate lawlessness.
- Avid readers seek out new books.
- The lawyer will represent his client in court.
- The father of the family is responsible for providing for them.
- We can insert this data into the spreadsheet.
- Please contact me if you have any questions.
- He is able to accumulate a large amount of wealth.
- The teacher is obligated to inform the students of their grades.
- The committee has rejected the proposal.
- You should challenge yourself to do better.
- The report should omit any irrelevant information.
- Nevertheless, it is essential to keep trying.
- We try to assist those in need.
- Pollution can cause damage to the environment.